The TzNODC is hosted by Institute of Marine Sciences (Zanzibar) of the University of Dar Es Salaam.
At the moment some of the Tanzania National Oceanographic Data Centre activities are funded by IOC/UNESCO through the IODE's Ocean Data and Information Network for Africa (ODINAFRICA) project.
IOC-UNESCO, IODE and ODINAFRICA project as well as UNEP and The Nairobi Convention are key partners since the start of the centre.
National partners, include those institutions and government departments that have contributed or have used data and information or collaborated in one way or another with the TzNODC. These are:
- Fisheries Department, Mainland
- Fisheries Department, Zanzibar Vice President’s Office
- The Commander, Tanzania Peoples Defense Force -NAVY
- National Environmental Management Council (NEMC)
- Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTEC)
- Tanzania Fisheries and Research Institute (TAFIRI)
- Department of Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries (DASF-UDSM)
- Samaki Consultant
- TanSea Project
Continued participation of partners is highly appreciated